If you’re home alone, wrapping gifts, and in the mood to make a yummy dessert for just one, open the freezer, survey what you’ve got, and make magic happen with frozen berries and hot white chocolate.
2 half-pints frozen raspberries
2 half-pints frozen blueberries
1 pint strawberries, sliced
1 c. heavy cream
10 oz white chocolate (and we mean the good stuff)
¾ tsp vanilla
- Early in the day, spread berries on a sheet pan and put them in the freezer (so they don’t stick together). Once they freeze, put them in a ziploc bag.
- Place a heat-safe bowl over a pan of simmering water. Heat cream, white chocolate, and vanilla until chocolate melts.
- Heat mixture until it is warm to the touch (about 110 degrees)
- Place berries on a dessert plate. Let them sit for 15 minutes.
- Pour hot white chocolate evenly over frozen berries.