This Friday, we’re introducing a new Brooklyn Bitch on a Budget Feature: the Cheap Item We’re Obsessed With.
To kick things off, we’d like to introduce you to Cover Girl Lashblast Mascara. If the two of you haven’t yet met, you’re doing your eyelashes a huge disservice.
While originally we were drawn to it’s fabulous Drew-Barrymore-approved ads and commercials, we were pleasantly surprised when our impulse buy started paying off, big time. We were quite skeptical that any product could ever beat our favored Great Lash (which does come in a pink tube, after all), but this product could give it a run for it’s money.
Reasons why we’re obsessed:
- The awesome fat orange tube makes it the easiest thing to find in our ever-crowded make-up bag. Plus it’s a lot more fun then your basic black packaging.
- It never flakes. Seriously. From early-morning pre-Ecopolitics application to post-date-wipe-off, this is one mascara that stays put through The-Notebook-induced crying marathons, unexpected springtime showers, and all-night-danceathons.
- It’s the biggest brush every from CoverGirl, which means it gives you the fullest, lushest, most volumized lashes you’ve ever seen in real life.
- No clumps, which makes it go on smoothly and evenly while separating lashes and adding a very slight curl.
- The huge brush coats every single lash. As in most cases, bigger most certainly is better, and our eyes can certainly prove it. Ladies with stick lashes, rejoice!
Are you convinced? Run to your closest Walgreens ($7.79), Target ($10.99), Sears ($8.50), or Duane Reade ($7.50). However, stay away from the waterproof variety, which tends to have less-than-fabulous results in terms of lash length and volumizing capability. Make sure to let us know if you like it, by commenting below, emailing us at email@example.com, or Tweeting us @bbonabudget.
Thanks, CoverGirl, for making such an awesome mascara! If you sent us a lifetime supply, we wouldn’t be mad at all.