While we have been counting down the days until the official start of summer, there’s one thing we’re not looking forward to- the return of summer feet. You know the symptoms. Just a few weeks of wearing flip-flops, running barefoot through the grass in McCarren Park, and all the cuts and scrapes that come with walking on a New York City sidewalk, your feet are well on their way to being completely summerfied.
Luckily for us, Vaseline is the proven cure-all. Besides shielding us from the dreaded summer feet, this miracle product can work overtime, the answer to all of your cosmetic prayers. Who needs eye make-up remover, lotion, cuticle cream, Chapstick, moisturizing hair product, eyebrow gel, and cream blusher when all you need is one little container?
Reasons why we’re obsessed:
- The formula in Vaseline works to combat dryness and keep your skin super-moisturized. To keep your feet looking like they’ve been protected by warm cozy socks on even the hottest summer days, slather your feet generously and put on a pair of clean white socks before you go to sleep. You’ll wake up in the morning with baby soft feet and no leftover sticky residue. It even keeps your elbows looking moisturized and soft if you apply every day!
- Eye make-up remover. I’ve saved tons of dollars by skipping the brand-name cosmetic products in lieu of Vaseline on a tissue. It’s cheap, it doesn’t sting the skin around your eye or leave your skin feeling oily, and even gets the waterproof stuff.
- Vaseline for eyelash growth? While we haven’t tested this theory ourselves, experts swear that a coat on your eyelashes before you go to bed makes your lashes grow longer and thicker over time. Give it a try and apply with a clean mascara wand.
- Who can afford to spend hard-earned dollars on a manicure? Skip the expensive nail treatments by rubbing Vaseline on your cuticles for softer and better-looking cuticles.
- While not as portable as your Burts Bees Chapstick, Vaseline soothes the most chapped of lips, and could even double for lip gloss in an emergency no-gloss situation. Apply a couple of coats daily for smooth, soft lips.
You can also use it to tidy up your eye brows after plucking, to soothe skin after shaving, keeping lipstick from staining your teeth, applying on your cheeks for a dewy look, and even heal and protect new tattoos.
It’s rare that such a cheap product can do so much. Add this miracle product to your arsenal by stocking up at Walmart ($4.50), Duane Reade ($2.98), CVS ($2.99), or Target ($3.24). The expensive products cluttering up your bathroom cabinet will start to hate the new girl on the block- your lil’ vat of Vaseline.