It's July and summer is in full swing, which means you'll most likely find us wearing flip flops (and also clutching an ice-cold gin and tonic, but we'll be doing it in flip flops). Unfortunately for us, the city isn't particularly friendly to our feet while we're clomping down the avenues, and our feet are black and disgusting in a matter of seconds.
We've come to accept that this is just one of the wonderful drawbacks to living in the City that Never Sleeps in the summertime, and that it must be embraced. However, it's not to say that we have to sacrifice our feet in the process. Bitches with slightly larger Budgets than us may opt for a pedicure at the local nail salon. A great idea in theory, but why not save the dollars (put them towards that icy cold gin and tonic, mentioned above) and treat yourself at home?
Enter Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme. As our early childhood memories include running barefoot on the beach, the rocky jetties, and the hot asphalt surrounding our neighborhood ice cream shack, our feet have been subjected to the elements for a very long time. Lucky for us, Mama Bitch always had the solution, and it was found in the trademark Burt's Bees yellow tube.
To say this foot creme can work miracles is an understatement. In just one evening, we've seen our feet utterly transformed and ready for a night on the town, after weeks of wearing flip flops. One liberal application, a pair of white socks, and a ladies night in is all you need.
Reasons why we're obsessed:
1. The light coconut scent is enough to make even the most anti-fragrance fanatics take note. It smells so much like summer, you might find yourself rubbing it into your knees and elbows for extra moisture.
2. Even the driest, most cracked of heels can be transformed into Cinderella-worthy tootsies thanks to the super-saturated formula. If you think you're a lost cause, the ultra-strong formula can work miracles.
3. The texture of the lotion feels thick and moisturizing, but it absorbs quickly and leaves your feet residue-free. Now you can have pretty feet, even if you're in a rush.
4. An at-home treatment is waaaay cheaper than anything you'd have to pay for at Bliss. Our favorite way to feel like Fancy Bitches? Fill the tub with a few inches of warm water and soak your feet for ten to fifteen minutes. Rub the soles of your feet with a pumice stone (if you don't have one, pick one up at Duane Reade for less than $3 and you'll swear by it) and rinse. Massage the coconut foot creme into your feet, cover with white cotton socks, and leave on overnight.
5. For the more crunchy-granola Bitches, this product is not tested on animals.
Pick up a tube of this miracle lotion at any Target ($9), Amazon ($7.95), or Wal-Mart ($8.97, available online as well) - or scope our favorite beauty-on-a-budget website, The Organic Secret, for the best deals on all things cosmetic. Who says that pretty feet are only for summertime sandals and strappy flats? Use this creme all year long for the best-looking feet on your block.
In the meantime, keep rockin' those flip flops- Burt's Bee's, we toast to you. Thanks for keepin' our feet in prime foot-model condition.