Mondays through Fridays are for working. Weekends are for wishing. Even though we consider ourselves pretty happy people, living our a rather lovely (albeit cheap) Brooklyn existence, we can’t help but spend the weekends wishing for the little luxuries that seem just out of reach.
This weekend, we can’t seem to stop thinking about:
1. Peanut butter and jelly rugelah. Our inner child is totally geeking out- our favorite flavors, rolled together in a flaky pastry that would go perfect with our morning soup bowl of coffee. $20 gets you a one lb box from Perl Girl Baking Co, two sisters who grew up with a mom grateful for real butter, sugar, eggs, and flour. Joanna and Lina pride themselves on making “the world’s best rugelah”, and the offerings on their website do not point to the contrary.
2. Pac Man cookie cutters. Lord knows the Brooklyn Bitches love to bake (and usually attempt to pay their rent by utilizing these very skills), so we’ve obviously over the moon for these cookie cutters from a little retailer in the UK. We’ve got visions of sandwiches, toast, and chocolate chip cookies shaped like our favorite arcade character, and this combo pack of three ghosts and a Pac Man would have a perfect fit in our kitchen.
3. Burberry Brit eau de perfume. My treasured bottle has been drained to its very last dregs, and I’m dangerously close to breaking the glass to dab those final drops. According to their website, the fragrance is a classic blend of amber, vanilla, Tonka bean, fruits, and amber essence, but I just think it smells like winter, bottled. It’s rather unfortunate that one bottle will set you back about $70, which means this perfume is a luxury in the highest sense.
4. Ponytail styling lotion- because who knew this even existed? While trolling through one of this week’s gift guides on A Cup of Jo blog, I came across this magical formula for smoothing bumps and flyaways, leaving you with a perfect French mademoiselle-inspired pony. It works as a leave-in conditioner/hairspray/gel hybrid, and it’s safe to say I’ll be lusting over this lotion until I have the $22 to blow on five oz of styling product.
5. Grey pom pom slippers. A cross between Tinkerbell’s footwear and the slippers you’ve met only in your imagination, these cozy ballet flats with faux fur pom poms are totally adorable. Our personal bedroom slippers are frayed, torn, and ripped to shreds, completely dirty from all the times we accidentally wore them out of the apartment and into the subway before realizing we weren’t wearing real shoes. The blonde colored pair would make us feel like such a fancy lady.
What are you wishing for this weekend, Bitches? We’d love to know what’s on your holiday wishlist. Drop us a comment below, send us an email at bbonabudget (at) gmail (dot) com, or Tweet us @bbonabudget!
Have a lovely weekend,
Totally Bitchin’ Throwback: It’s Time to Get Crafty!