It’s not exactly our standard on-a-budget cheapie dinner of canned beans and boxed mashed potatoes, but this is something infinitely tastier.
The next time you get the urge to bake something delicious- or simply crave all of your favorite snack foods combined into one tasty cake- check out our recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough cupcakes.
|Photo from AllRecipes|
All you need:
1 ½ c flour
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ c butter, softened
¼ c sugar
½ c brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 c chocolate chips
1 box yellow cake mix
1 1/3 c water
1/3 c canola oil
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugars with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Add 1 egg and vanilla to butter/sugar mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Mix in flour mixture until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Place on a baking sheet and freeze approx 2 hours, until solid.
- Once solid, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tray with papers.
- Beat 3 eggs in a bowl with an electric mixer. Add cake mix, water, and canola oil. Beat until smooth.
- Spoon into cupcake papers, filling each approx 2/3 full. Place a frozen cookie dough ball into the top center of each cupcake.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in the cake portion of cupcake comes out clean (approx 20 min). Cool in pans for 10 minutes before transferring to cool on wire racks.
I personally dare you to stop eating at just one. To be fair, I must warn you about how delicious these cupcakes are. I shamelessly scarfed down seven waiting for the L one chilly January night (hey, it was cold! And I didn’t eat lunch!), leaving my roomie to practically lick the Tupperware for crumbs as soon as I walked in the front door. No joke, these guys are seriously addictive, and you should probably share with your friends to avoid an entire week’s worth of calories in one sitting. But hey- we don’t judge.
Totally Bitchin’ Throwback: Financial District on a Budget