It is my understanding that this recipe went viral once it hit the web a few weeks ago. Although I cannot attest to it’s origin, I can certainly attest to it’s deliciousness. My lady E and I have standing Sunday Night drinking wine and baking dates, and we conquered this stoner-friendly concept a few weeks ago, when the only thing we were under the influence was was… giggles.
Follow the recipe below if you don’t plan on putting on a bikini anytime in the very near future.
All you need:
2 sticks butter, softened
¾ c brown sugar
1 c sugar
2 large eggs
1 tbs vanilla
3 ½ c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
10 oz chocolate chips
1 package Oreos (regular or Double Stuf)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to butter/sugar mixture.
- Chill in fridge for 10-15 minutes, or until dough is cool. This will keep it from spreading on the sheet once you’re ready to bake.
- Assemble by putting one scoop of dough on top and on bottom of an Oreo. Press edges to seal and close in the Oreo.
- Bake for 9-13 minutes. Let cool for five minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Totally Bitchin’ Throwback: Sunset Park on a Budget