The first weekend of April has brought sunshine and short-skirt weather. Currently celebrating the premiere not one, but two, of my films in my hometown by the beach, it’s hard to think of anything that would noticeably make this weekend even more magical than it’s proving to be. However, we are dreamers indeed, and can think of quite a few little luxuries that we wouldn’t turn down…
This weekend’s wish list:
- A pink sun jar. Such a huge part of the spring time is the uncertainty- less ‘will it rain today’, more ‘will-it-rain-this-morning-and-turn-sunny-and-85-degrees-by-lunchtime?’. This jar stores sunshine for a rainy day, casting a kitschy glow over the more gloomy of days. The Spoon Sisters website recommends it as a nightlight for the little girl in your life, but we think it would look delightful perched on our kitchen windowsill on one of those gloomier, grey April afternoons.
- Sweet potato fries from Trailer Park Lounge. Dishing out daily casseroles of comfort food for most of Chelsea, this Southern joint on the corner of 23rd St and 8th Ave is one of our favorite places to get a snack- the menu includes Moon Pies, Tater Tots, and ‘mile-high’ BLTs. In particular, their sweet potato fries are the most delightful sides we’ve ever experienced. Dusted with a light sprinkle of cinnamon and served with a side of Ranch dressing, we never need a menu when we’re trying to fill our bellies before Happy Hour.
- Kate Spade’s Dizzy Dot cosmetic case. As far as we’re concerned, Kate Spade can do no wrong- and it’s high time we replace our current make-up bag with something spill-proof, waterproof, and festooned with pockets for all our little things. The $145 price tag makes this a weekend wishlist worthy item indeed.
- The return of Mad Men. We’ve been thoroughly engaged in this past week’s contract negotiations, and words cannot express how grateful we are that creator Matt Weiner’s signed on for three more seasons before the series draws to an end. This news is bittersweet, considering we’ll have to wait until 2012 (and, possibly, the end of the world) to see if Don and Megan will actually tie the knot, Betty will get the stick out of her circle-skirted ass, and Joan and Roger will become proud parents to be. Please, 2012, come fast!
- A Ghost of Faustus cocktail from Huckleberry Bar. Gin, Velvet Falernum (lime infused sugarcane liqueur), ginger, and grapefruit. Done and done.
What are you wishing for this weekend, lovelies? We’d love to know. Drop us a comment below, shoot us an email at bbonabudget (at) gmail (dot) com, or get at us via Twitter @Bbonabudget.
Have a fantastic weekend!
Totally Bitchin; Throwback: Dressing for Suburbia