This weekend, my only plans include sleeping a little later than usual (a quick glance at the time this post is published will prove already that this goal is a fail), brunching with some friends and family, and making it to as many Tribeca screenings as I can. Relaxing will be the name of the game this weekend, which is certainly good for the imagination. I’ve got a long, long list of things I’m wishing for this weekend, some of which you’ll find below…
- A set of really cute thank you notes. A habit instilled in me since birth, my mother encouraged thank you notes for every single occasion. Dinner at a friend’s house, attending a graduation party, and, of course, after receiving birthday presents. With my birthday less than six days away, I think these bright little guys from Felt and Wire Shop are such a fun way to say thanks.
- The Anatomy of a Cupcake chart. This breakdown of my favorite food of all time would look adorable hanging in a frame in my kitchen, and would inspire me to mix up my standard yellow cake/vanilla frosting in lieu of something purple with plenty of sprinkles.
- Tickets to Newport Folk Festival. I’ve been looking for an excuse to have an out-of-city adventure, and Rhode Island is just a stone’s throw away! I love a good music festival (a sunny day outside, eating awesome food, road tripping to see a bunch of great bands with your friends- what’s not to love?) , and this year’s line-up includes performances by The Decemberists, Elvis Costello, Amos Lee, and M. Ward. With weekend passes starting at $125, this summertime event is completely out of my price range, but can’t a girl have some weekend wishes?
- A Bloody Mary from Rabbit Hole. My favorite brunch spot in all of Brooklyn, this neighborhood joint infuses their vodka with chili pepper to give it a little extra kick and really punch up this brunchtime staple. What I wouldn’t give to order a few rounds to accompany my lemon ricotta pancakes or my marscapone-stuffed French toast.
- This pink Kate Spade rain coat. The weather has been so erratic and spontaneous this week that it’s been hard to plan for a day filled with sun showers, thunderstorms, extremely high humidity, and high winds. How is one supposed to look cute when a sudden downpour could threaten at any moment? At least a cute raincoat in a bright lipstick shade like this would help keep things feeling sunny (no matter what Mother Nature has to say to the contrary). Now on sale for $368., making it an item worth wishing for indeed.
Totally Bitchin’ Throwback: Obsession of the Week