It’s been a weekend full of non-stop magic, but I have come away with the overwhelming desire to not suck so much when it comes to updating on all things Brooklyn Bitch on a Budget. I’ve finally been reunited with a dear friend who has traveled thousands of miles from Mexico to Cali and straight across the US of A to arrive in Brooklyn late last night- that’s pretty much all the magic that I can handle. However, if I’m going to be selfish- and why the hell not- here are five things that make up this weekend’s wish list.
1. Dark Eyes by the Dirty Projectors, on repeat, for the rest of the day. I’m obsessed and cannot seem to listen to anything else.
2. Madewell’s silk floaty Cloudtrail dress. There’s something so spring-y about this light, filmy dress paired with a pair of bright red flats. I’ve got spring fever like whoa!
3. Brunch at the Redwood Kitchenette & Bar. This airstream-in-a-diner joint had it’s soft opening within the last week or so, and I can’t wait to drag all my brunch-loving friends to Chelsea for pancakes and Bloody Marys when it’s officially opened for business on March 22nd. While I love me a fancy $10 grilled cheese, it’s the lobster roll sliders and disco fries that I’m really interested in. Plus who would opt for a regular neighborhood diner when you could opt for something so retro, turquoise, and shiny?
4. A set of whiskey, bourbon, scotch and rye hand-painted rocks glasses. Since my drinking habits resemble that of a grandfather’s, anything to class up my whiskey drinking habits (with a tag line of “for a real man’s bar”), these are very high up on the list of things I’m lusting after.
5. Somebody to tune my ukelele for me. It’s a task that requires someone with remarkably more patience that I have and will render my new toy useless until it happens. Seriously, please, I’ll give anyone who can help with this some cookies.
What are your plans for the rest of the evening, Bitches? Hopefully you’re making the most of these extra hours of sun, and are already dreaming of weekend cook-outs on the roof or fire escape reading sessions with a glass of cheap red wine. Happy Sunday!
Totally Bitchin’ Throwback: Frugal Feast #17