It's been a pretty crazy summer- as noted by my slightly-longer-than-desired absence- but I'm glad to be back with a Weekend Wish List. While it’s nearly impossible to wish for better weather, there are a couple of things I wouldn’t mind in my life… especially during these last few hours of Sunday.
1. A bottle of St Germain for my new home bar. Yesterday, I was fortunate enough to venture out to Governor’s Island for the annual Jazz Age Lawn Party, which is pretty much a big 1920s celebration where everyone is beautiful and drinking, picnicking, and trying on hats is strongly encouraged. Lucky for us, we had a sweet hook-up at the bar which afforded us plenty of champagne, lemonade, and St Germain cocktails. This is sure to become me and E’d favorite new warm-weather cocktail.
2. Approx 37 consecutive spare hours for me to catch up on every season of Felicity that was ever created. Netflix streaming has become my constant companion as I follow Felicity, Noel, Ben, and Julie through their 90s adventures at the University of New York. Obsessed.
3. Heavy cream. I’ve made a batch of Smitten Kitchen’s Peanut ButterBrownies in honor of Father’s Day, but don’t quite have everything I need to create the dark chocolate ganache. With no car access or even a pair of sensible walking shows (let’s chalk that up to packing in a champagne-induced hurray following yesterday’s Jazz festivities), having a carton magically appear would be quite welcome.
4. The perfect black Maxi dress. I can’t even link to an option I’m drooling over, because I have yet to find one worthy enough to covet. If you’ve got any suggestions, I’m begging you to leave a note in the comments, send an email to bbonabudget (at) gmail (dot) com, or Tweet @bbonabudget.
5. A bouquet of pink hydrangeas. My parents’ home on the beach is apparently overrun with these beautiful, delicate blooms- and I can only ever find the $10+ blue bodega versions back in the city. If I wasn’t stuck taking the 7a commuter train into the office tomorrow morning, I might try to smuggle a bunch home in my purse.
Hope you’re all having a lovely weekend, Bitches, and showing all those awesome dads out there how grateful you are for teaching you how to double park all those years ago.
Totally Bitchin’ Throwback: Frugal Feast #23
Bitches Beyond: Sad Mac (aka Technical Difficulties)